Lawrence Howorth is the President and Founder of HOWORTH International, LLC, a multinational business advisory services firm based in Dallas Texas and Sao Paulo, Brazil, HOWORTH International offers international business development and distribution, board governance, interim/contract management and restructuring and organization performance improvement.
Lawrence has over 30 years of multinational business experience in multiple industries: waste management, clean-tech, environmental technologies, intellectual property management, health sciences, consumer products, bio-technology, building and development, manufactured housing, mining and oil-field manufacturing and services, software development, internet-based commerce, banking, business advisory services, professional services and training.
A private investor and business mentor Lawrence Howorth has held senior executive and director positions in several multinational organizations. He has co-founded two multinational start-up companies and has developed and managed businesses in over 20 countries.
A Canadian and USA Citizen, Lawrence Howorth is a Graduate of the University of Saskatchewan (Canada), College of Commerce and Canadian Chartered Accountant, a member of the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants and alumni of KPMG.
He has also been a panel speaker and lectured on multinational business development, growth, business structuring and various subjects at the University of Southern California, California State University, Long Beach and various conferences and has participated as a speaker/mentor with the Brazilian IBMEC Executive MBA program through the University of Irvine, CA, USA.
Currently active in several international-focused organizations:
- International Business & Trade Advisory Committee, Richland College, Richardson, TX (www.richlandcollege.edu)
- Chairman, International Task Force, Frisco Chamber of Commerce, Frisco, TX (www.friscochamber.com)
- The District Export Council of North Texas (www.exporttexas.com/northtexas)
Lawrence is also a member of the Talk 2 Brazil LinkedIn discussion group.
- OCTANE (www.octaneoc.org) - supporting the development of biomedical and information technology in Orange County, CA
- Tech Coast Angeles (www.techcoastangels.com) – investor in and mentor for early/mid stage medical device, bio-technology, information technology, consumer products and other organizations – member of the TCA Board of Governors and Executive committee
- Forum for Corporate Directors (www.fcdoc.org), Education Committee, including Chairing the development of the first Survey of Corporate Directors of Orange County, CA
- Director, National Academy Foundation Board of Directors (www.naf.org)
- Co-Chairman, Advisory Board of Directors, Center for Social Enterprise, Volunteer Center, Orange County, CA (www.volunteercenter.org)